I had an email recently from Amerah Saleh from BeatFreeks.com who are putting on an event for the young people of Birmingham, in the form of a ‘data rave’ – an event where young people can find out more about the EU Referendum, and how it will affect them and ours as nation’s futures.
Details as follows:
BIRMINGHAM, UK. JUNE 2016. THE WORLD’S FIRST DATA RAVE EXPLORING THE EU REFERENDUM AND DESIGNED TO HELP YOUNG PEOPLE MAKE MORE INFORMED DECISIONS WHILST CANVASSING THEIR OPINIONS IN AN INTERESTING WAY.
WE’VE CONVENED A VISUAL ARTIST, A SOUND ARTIST, A DESIGNER/ARCHITECT AND A CREATIVE PRODUCER, ALONG WITH A GRASSROOTS POLITICAL ACTIVIST, DATA ADMINISTRATOR, CREATIVE COPYWRITER AND DATA EXPERTS FROM EUROPEAN DIRECT INFORMATION CENTRE TO CO-DESIGN A STIMULATING AND LIBERATING EXPERIENCE FOR 16 – 30 YEAR OLDS TO DELVE INTO THE POTENTIAL IMPACT OF A BREXIT OR A BREMAIN.
– FREE TATTOO PARLOUR – SELECT YOUR IDENTITY AND GET ‘SNAPPED WITH A STAT’ IN A POP UP PHOTOBOOTH
– DATA COCKTAIL BAR INCLUDING UP TO 9 DRINKS DETERMINED BY THE INTENSITY OF YOUR FEELINGS ON THE NIGHT
– DANCE FLOOR WITH GIANT FLOATING BALLOONS AND LIVE VISUAL PROJECTIONS
– PUBLIC RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING – AN UNCONFIDENTIAL, FREE SERVICE IN WHICH WE MAKE LIVE SOUND MIXES OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE EU
– DJ PLAYING A SELECTION OF GRIME, DUBSTEP AND DUB WITH LIVE SOUND MIXING OF YOUNG VOICES
– MR JERK CARIBBEAN STREET FOOD VAN INCLUDING JERK CHICKEN, VEGGIE BURGERS AND SALTFISH FRITTERS
– GIGGLEBOX CAR – TAKE PART IN AN EPISODE OF GIGGLEBOX IN OUR CUSTOM MADE NOT-QUITE-A-DRIVE-IN-JUST-SIT-IN-THE-CAR CINEMA
– FIND OUT THE KEY ARGUMENTS CENTRAL TO THE IN AND OUT CAMPAIGNS
– REGISTER TO VOTE ON THE NIGHT – IF YOU LIKE
Ministry Of Data is a DATA RAVE at Millennium Point, Birmingham, on Saturday 4th June 2016 from 8 – 11pm
The event is designed to give people a space to explore the EU referendum. It’s a platform to discover information in an engaging way and to extract insight from young people to understand their perspective and viewpoint. Think of it as a living, breathing data event. Expect dancing, drinks, live visuals and sound mixing. Oh, and 6 foot balloons.